Instagram

Friday 2 December 2016

Explaining My Tattoos


I wouldn't go as far as saying that I find it annoying, but it definitely gets a little tedious when people keep asking me why I got each of my tattoos. This is just going to be a short post explaining my reasons for getting each of my tattoos. I have 5 tattoos, but 2 of them are now combined so it depends how you look at them. So here they are along with their meanings, in the order that I got them...

1. Arrow
We all know how shooting an arrow works- you have to pull it back before it can be fired forwards. This tattoo reminds me that I should hold on, because when life is pulling me backwards, it's getting ready to launch me into something amazing. I absolutely adored this tattoo when I first got it, and I still do. It's only small but it's absolutely adorable and has so much meaning to me.

2. Infinity
The main reason I got this tattoo was because I liked the design. But it's a daily reminder for me to love myself for who I am, because I am enough.

3. Anchor
"In rough seas, an anchor is a sailor's last refuge- hope that things can get better."
An anchor can have many meanings, but I see it as a symbol of hope and protection. It simply reminds me that I am unsinkable. Because a calm sea never made a skilled sailor.

4. Heart
The semi-colon is used when you could finish a sentence, but instead you decide to carry it on. This tattoo symbolises the times when I could've given up fighting through the hard times, but I didn't. I kept on fighting and came out on top, this tattoo means so much to me because of that.

5. Rachel
So you may have seen my previous post about 'Meeting Rachel Platten', in which case this tattoo won't need much of an explanation. But for those of you who didn't see, Rachel Platten signed my phonecase and her autograph had a little heart with it. That tattooist designed her autograph so that my previous tattoo replaced the heart that Rachel drew, so I then had a constant reminder of that perfect day on my ankle. This is probably my favourite tattoo because I can honestly say (and I don't care how sad it sounds) that Rachel Platten saved my life. I wouldn't have made it so far in recovery if it wasn't for her and her music, so I am thankful that I have a permanent reminder of how much she helped me.

So there's my tattoos and their meanings, hopefully that clears things up and reduces the amount of times I'm asked. 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment