Instagram

Tuesday 29 November 2016

8 Things Making Me Happy Right Now

If there's one thing I've noticed recently in my life, it's how much I'm enjoying being alive. Looking back a few months/years, the difference in me is incredible. For once, I can actually say that I'm proud of myself- and mean it! So here's the top 8 things that spring to mind when I think about what's making me happy right now...

1. Amazing Friends
The support system that I have around me is incredible. I have some wonderful friends who constantly make me giggle and are always there to talk to about absolutely anything. I'll mention a few special ones:
Ashton- you're like the rational part of my mind that I sometimes need to hear. You always manage to squeeze whatever it is that's getting me down out of me and then remind me of how silly I'm being. I can literally tell you anything and know that you won't judge me.
Kelly- you're one of the people who has been there for me through it all. You're like a sister to me even though we live so far apart. I don't get to see you too often, but when I do it feels so special and we cherish every second we have together.
Georgia- we've only been speaking for just over a year, but we've somehow managed to meet up so many times! We always have such a laugh when we're together, we always seem to go on adventures! You're always there to pick me up when I'm down and I'll be forever grateful for that. So glad to have you in my life.
Becca- I'm just gonna say it. You're a dickhead! That's what I love most about you- you don't care what anyone thinks. Whenever we are together we always have such a laugh. The amount of times I've cried with laughter or almost wet myself because of you is unbelievable! I absolutely love spending time with you.
Em- well well well, Emily. 😉 You are one of the most caring people I've ever known. You make me feel so unbelievably loved and protected. I just love you so much! You keep turning my life around.
There so many more precious people in my life, but this is turning out to be a long paragraph... 😉 A special mention has to go out to Meg, Alyssa, Ebony, Milah, Carrie, Kenz and so many more!
2. Wonderful Boyfriend
I know for a fact that he's going to read this and then constantly make fun of me for it because I'm never soppy! 😉 But I couldn't possibly write a post about my reasons to be happy and leave out one of the main ones. I can honestly say that I've never felt so loved and appreciated by one person. He makes me feel so special and literally treats me like a princess. He makes compromises for me (😉) and constantly reminds me that I am loved. I've never been a soppy person, I've never really bothered about relationships; but I am so glad we found each other. I love you, Rob. 💖
3. Dorky Family
To be quite honest, my family are absolute nutcases! Despite this, I wouldn't change them for the world. We have our disagreements and fights, but most of the time we are just enjoying life and having a laugh. Even when I'm grumpy, my mum just has to say something stupid, or my dad makes a typical 'dad joke' and it puts a smile on my face. A new thing I enjoy now is to look on my Timehop each morning to reminisce on the embarrassing things I've previously tweeted about my parents. Now when something funny happens, my mum says "don't you be putting that on the internet now so you can look at it a year from now!" 😂
4. Cutest Cat
Obviously I am aware that I'm probably biased because she's my little baby, but my cat is ADORABLE. I can't even explain how happy she makes me. Just sitting there and watching her sleep puts a smile on my face because she's just so cute. If you read my '10 Reasons Why I Never Get Anything Done' post, then you'll know about how much time I waste each day just stroking, kissing, cuddling and watching my cat.

5. University Life
Even though it causes me so much stress and tiredness, I really do enjoy university. Just being on campus makes me feel at home and comfortable.

6. How Far I've Come
I've finally hit that point where I can look at myself and realise how far I've progressed in life. Despite everything, I've still ended up doing a masters in maths at university and actually smiling about it. I'm happy, I'm healthy and I'm making something of my life, which did not seem at all possible a few years ago. I don't do it often, but sometimes it's nice to look back and reflect on what I've been through, to really feel proud of my achievements.

7.Me-Time
After chaotic days at university or work, I look forward to settling down at home in my room with my colouring or scrapbooking. I've always been the kind of person who appreciates her time alone, but even moreso now that I'm busy with other tasks in the daytime. Colouring in bed makes me feel so content and that probably sounds really sad but I don't care! 😂


8. Being Alive
I'm here, I made it. If that isn't something to be happy about then I honestly don't know what is. Life is so special, we only get one shot at a great life so we might as well be happy about what we've got! It took 21 years for me to get to this point and I'm proud of who I've become.
I'd love for you to share the reasons why you're happy right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment