Instagram

Friday 4 November 2016

Hobbycraft Hull - Craft Afternoon!


If I had to pick my ultimate favourite shop, I can 100% say Hobbycraft. I'm not just saying that for the purpose of the post, I really do consider a trip to Hobbycraft as a magical treat. So when I heard that there was a little event going on in Hull, I just had to go! A small group of bloggers from around the area met up and had a craft afternoon creating pom-poms for their Christmas isle. Here's how it went!
When we arrived at the shop, they had set up a little table for us to work at. They brought snacks and drinks out for us as we were shown by one of their lovely workers how to create different types of pom-poms. We were then allowed to be let loose with all the tools to experiment and create our own pom-poms, which was so much fun!
For a couple of hours we all just sat and created lots of little pom-poms while we chatted away and snacked on the goodies they provided for us.

A really interesting part was seeing the new gadgets they have come up with for creating pom-poms!! I remember when I was little using a bit of cardboard and wrapping loads of wool around it... It's so much simpler now! You can literally buy a pom-pom maker that makes it much less fiddly and loads quicker to finish! I managed to make quite a collection of little pom-poms!
Another fabulous thing about the event being held here... Chance to shop afterwards!! Ashton and I had a lovely browse around the shop after the event and made a few cheeky little purchases with our special discount that the staff gave us for attending the event. It was a perfect ended to a fantastic day with some really lovely people. I hope they hold another one soon! :)

1 comment: