Instagram

Monday 7 November 2016

7 Reasons Why I Need to Return to Sol Pelicanos - Benidorm!

Between the 23rd and the 30th of June, I was able to spend the week in sunny Benidorm. After staying here last year, we returned to the Sol Pelicanos-Ocas hotel because we fell in love with it after the first time. Here's 7 reasons why I need to go back...

1. Sunshine
Who wouldn't want to spend their days in 30-40 degree heat?! I enjoy doing nothing at the best of times, but it's so much better when you can sit on a sunbed by the pool topping up that tan (or burn if you're me)! There's just something so satisfying about strolling round wearing swimwear and not feeling cold.
2. The Hotel
Sol Pelicanos-Ocas is such a beautiful hotel. The pools are stunning, the views are amazing and the rooms are so cosy! Whenever I'm away from home, I always worry that I'll struggle to find food that I like because I'm super fussy- especially in a different country! But the food was fantastic, there was such a huge range to choose from and you could just help yourself to whatever you wanted! Going all-inclusive this year was such a good decision, I don't think I could return there and not choose all-inclusive now!
3. The Staff
The people who work at the hotel are so wonderful, we felt so welcome and at home! We had so much fun participating in the pool activities, including aqua-dance and pool-biking! You don't have to feel completely lazy while on holiday, it makes you feel good but doesn't really feel like exercise! ;) The people leading the activities were really entertaining and lovely- the two in the photograph below were our favourites! I hope they are still there when we go back next time so we can do some more aqua-dancing with them!
4. The Zoo
One of our favourite parts about the holidays was visiting the zoo- Mundomar. There's so many things to see, activities to get involved with, shows to watch, and an amazing gift shop! ;) The sea-lion and dolphin shows are spectacular and definitely shouldn't be missed. The best part of the zoo was when we returned the second year and our favourite little lazy sea-lion was still there floating around the water! We fell in love with him because he was so dilly and he just floated around until he hit the wall- we named him Louis and we wanted to bring him home with us! If you visit, look out for him!
5. The Palace
If you ever decide to visit Benidorm, you just have to go to the Benidorm Palace. Even when we returned a second time, we were still in awe of the fantastic performances during the show. It features such a wide range of talents and it's really entertaining. Plus, it's a chance to get dressed up nice and pretend to be sophisticated for the evening! Even though I've seen it twice, I wouldn't hesitate to go again.
6. Johnny Vegas
Our hotel just so happens to be where they film the TV show, and we have been lucky enough to stay while they were filming! We were able to watch them film for a while- we saw quite a few of the characters! Then Johnny Vegas decided to come and take pictures with people! It was fabulous to meet him, he's really lovely and genuine. It would be awesome to go back and hopefully meet some more of the cast!
7. Amazing Experience
Lastly, but most importantly, the experience really was one to remember. Just going away and spending some carefree time in the sunshine truly is heaven. It's great to go away and forget about all your responsibilities for a while! Not only did I come back with at least 1000 more freckles on my face, I also came home with a bundle of memories that will definitely stay with me forever. I've had the pleasure of visiting Benidorm twice and experiencing two lovely weeks with great friends, I really hope I can do it again.
If you've never visited Benidorm, then I would 100% recommend it. I can't wait to experience more holidays like this!


No comments:

Post a Comment