Instagram

Thursday 14 July 2016

Me Before You - Review

I've never been a massive reader, but just recently I've began to enjoy sitting down with a nice book - my problem is deciding what books to read and then having to go buy them haha! After seeing the craze around this book, I just had to read it. Here's what I thought...

Me Before You provides the story of a young, bubbly woman who is full of life; these traits make her perfect for the job of Will Traynor's carer. After being hit by a motorcycle, Will is left paralysed and practically unable to do anything for himself. Lou Clark's life is altered rapidly when she finds that her quest to change a suicidal paraplegic's mind is harder than she thought, though nothing is a more powerful force than love.

"You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible."

Jojo Moyes created an epic love story. I was moved and inspired by the whole book. You can't help but become attached to the characters and ship their relationship in hope that they spend their lives together. I have to say, I'm a sucker for a happy ending so this is the only thing that disappointed me in the book - and that's no fault of the author, just simply my preference. Despite this, it was a wonderful tale of friendship and love that could reduce anyone to tears.

"Some mistakes just have greater consequences than others. But you don't have to let the result of one mistake be the thing that defines you. You, Clark, have the choice not to let that happen."

Today I have purchased the sequel 'After You' and I cannot wait to read it. Has anyone read either of them? If you have let me know in the comments! I'd love to hear your opinions.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about this read and film, it sounds really moving and I always wonder how the book compares to the film :D so glad to hear you loved it! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing! I still haven't seen the film but I've heard that it does the book justice :) xx

      Delete