Instagram

Tuesday 15 March 2016

body shop event

On Thursday I attended my first ever blogger event- and I LOVED it! I travelled to Leeds along with Ashton and Charlotte to visit the Leeds Briggate Body Shop event. See what we got up to!

The Body Shop have launched their new British Rose Collection as a celebration of their 40th birthday and bloggers were invited to learn all about it and sample the products. After having a brief introduction to the event we were split into groups and taken round to different parts of the shop to see how to care for certain parts of your body. We were first shown the makeup! When asked for colunteers to have their makeup done I was a very willing guinea pig! I had my eye shadow and lips done by one of the lovely workers named Sophie. She used their new British Rose eye and cheek palette and a lovely pink lip and cheek stain for my lips. We sampled 2 amazing products that I just had to purchase- Instablur and an All-In-One BB Cream. The Instablur is a primer to apply before you begin your makeup process and it basically covers up blemishes, imperfections and pores leaving your skin feeling lovely and smooth. The BB cream is applied before your foundation and it matches the colour of your skin-even though it comes out white! Image to follow later on.
Our group then moved onto the next section of the shop where we were shown a short routine to care for your skin. Ashton was quick to volunteer for a hand routine demonstration! While we listened to the explanations about each item, we were given a sample of different scrubs and moisturisers to try out for ourselves- the scents were amazing! After this talk we were all given a sample pot of our choice from the items we had seen and tried. I chose the Hawaiian Kukui Cream because it was so soft and smelt fabulous.
The final area of the shop that we looked at was definitely my favourite- facial! I was a very eager volunteer and had a wonderful routine sampled on my face. The products that were used were mainly aloe vera due to me having sensitive skin, but the fragrances that came along were gorgeous! My face was left feeling refreshed and looking radiant. Here is an image of the products and the order they were used in.
I was so in love with the oils used at the end of the facial that I just had to purchase them! They were from the new Oils of Life range: (you can also see the Instablur and BB cream that I purchased)
As if I hadn't received enough treats already, we were then given a gift box at the end with some freebies for us to enjoy! It contained some hand cream from the new range, some shower cream, body butter and other small samples for us to try out.
Due to not visiting a blogger event before, I didn't really know what to expect. But I can safely say that I had a wonderful night! The staff at the Leeds Briggate Body Shop were so friendly, welcoming and helpful. I can't wait for their next event!
What are your favourite Body Shop products? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment