Instagram

Friday 11 March 2016

8 ways to tell you're spending too much time with your best friend

Realising you spend a lot of time with the same people? Where is the line at which you can safely say you are spending TOO much time together? This may just be me and my friends (and you're all going to think I'm very strange), but here are my 8 ways that tell me I'm spending too much time with my best friend...

1) Private jokes.
Over time, we store up a collection of jokes that only us and our besties find funny. But it definitely starts to get too much when we can have an entire conversation and everybody around us has absolutely no idea what we are talking about- all the jokes just roll into one big one!
2) Freeing your gas.
For me, this one is a big bit of evidence that I'm spending too much time with someone. If I let my gas out in front of you, then I am comfortable around you (and I'm sincerely sorry about that!) I've now passed the point that I don't even think about letting it out- it just happens around my friends! Some will probably think it's gross- but come on, we all do it.
3) Not knowing what you've told them already.
Across all the time you've spent together, you've told each other so many stories! But we've all heard some stories more than once, right? I can never remember if I told a story before or not, so why not tell it again just to be safe...
4) Periods in sync.
This really proves that you spend waaaaaay too much time together. But for some reason we can't help being happy that we have a blood buddy?
 5) Discussing your bowel schedules.
Wait, not only do girls actually poo, but they discuss it too?! Girls are supposed to keep their bowel movements to themselves, and most probably do. But when me and my besties go on holiday or stay at each others' houses, we don't hide the fact that we need to do a poo! It's completely the opposite in fact. After spending way too much time together, we pretty much know each others' schedules...
6) Looking like crap.
We all hit that point in our friendship where we give up on making the effort to look good. Why bother putting makeup on and making your hair look good when all you're doing is sitting in your best friend's house watching movies and stuffing your face?!
7) Taking over your house.
You definitely know it's too much when your bestie spends so much time at your house that they even have their own belongings there. It probably crosses the line when they have their own toothbrush at your house... *cough cough* Ashton ;)
8) Love.
Finally, no matter how much time you spend with them, you never get bored. Even though they bring out all these disgusting habits in you, you still love them to pieces and you'd be lost without them.
Shoutout to my besties who put up with my grossness.😚
Are you spending too much time with your best friends, or do you have any ways of your own to tell if you're crossing the line? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment