Instagram

Friday 18 March 2016

10 reasons why i never get anything done

We all understand procrastination. Our generation will go to extreme lengths to avoid responsibilities and doing their work. Here are 10 things that I do to procrastinate. They are in no particular order, I can choose any or all of them- this is why I never get anything done.

1. Twitter
Even though I've had twitter for 6 years now, I still think that over 42,000 is a bit overboard- and a sign that I spend way too much time on twitter. I could sit for hours scrolling my twitterfeed when I'm supposed to be getting on with something. Most (probably almost all) of the people I follow, I don't know in real life. But for some reason it's still so fascinating to sit and read about their lives! I really hope I'm not the only sad person that does this.
2. My Cat
She sits on my bed so innocently and looks cute, but when I'm trying to do work it's the last thing I need. I just can't help but cuddle her!! I could probably waste about an hour just watching my cat, stroking her, taking pictures of her, kissing her and winding her up. I love her to pieces but the cuteness just tempts me too much!
3. Napping
We all know this one, no student can possibly deny it! Assignments are piling up, deadlines are getting closer, so much to do... But we decide to take a nap! I've even had times where the nap hasn't been planned, I've simply just fallen asleep while trying to do my work. Damn you bed, why are you so inviting and comfortable?!
4. Food
I can't even count how many times I've been trying to get my assignments done but I think "maybe I'm hungry, I should eat first!" Most people could probably continue to work while they nibble away at their food, but not me! I like to take a break from the work that I haven't started to sit and enjoy my food- probably while watching pointless game shows on Challenge.
5. Netflix
Maybe I'll just take a break to watch 1 episode then get back to work? Ha, I don't think so! Making Netflix automatically start the next episode for you has to be one of the worst ideas ever (or the best, I haven't decided yet). There are too many series' that I'm addicted to (specifically The Walking Dead at the moment) and too many that I still want to start watching.
6. Tumblr
I've had my tumblr for a good few years now and I really am addicted. My blog is majority based on Katy Perry, I could sit for hours on end scrolling through my dashboard and reblogging pictures of KP.
7. My Friends
If I'm doing any of the things in this list then I could go hours without replying to messages from my friends. But as soon as I'm trying to get work done I just can't ignore that ping! I reply to a message, put my phone down to carry on working and the phone will go off again- next thing I know 30 minutes has passed and I'm no further along on my assignments...
8. Playandwin
This has to be one of the most addictive gaming websites I've ever come across. You can find any kind of game that you could possibly want to play. I've even won 2 monkey teddies from it! My personal favourites are Picture Logic Colour, Jigsaw Puzzle 2 and Siesta Solitaire.
9. My Housemates
I love my housemates to bits, but they have a habit of bothering me at the most inconvenient times! I lose count of the amounts of times I've found them knocking on my room door this semester, shouting "Katie come play!" I may have work to do, but there's no way I'm going to pass up an opportunity to watch a movie or get drunk with my housemates!
10. More Food.
So reason number 4 was food. But even though I've just filled my belly and know I should get back to work now, I can't help but think "what if I get hungry again later?" Major panic when I realise that hunger could strike again at anytime and I have nothing good to eat! What better way to delay the assignments even more than to take a trip to the shop to stock up.
So that is why I never get anything done. Is it just me or do you agree? Have any ways of your own to avoid getting work done? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment